26 February 2014

Meet the team - Week 6 Hannah Keppler

The sad news is that it's our last week of our 'Meet the team' series (awww) fear not for the good news is we've left the best for last! If it wasn't for this lovely young English lady there wouldn't be this gorgeous new shop in Howick to buy yourself or your loved ones something nice. The 3 words Hannah describes herself as (obviously minus her husbands) is spot on - read on to find out exactly what they are....


1// What were you doing before you started working at The Ruby Orchard?
Somersaults, Round offs, umpiring, hurdling, dancing... I was a PE teacher for almost 10 years and loved it, loved the people I worked with, loved the funny things 11 year olds came out with, loved the school ski trips. I hated the hours, the marking and working impossibly hard for average remuneration. Hats off to teachers.

2// What do you like most about your role at The Ruby Orchard?
The freedom and creativity that working for yourself gives you.

3// When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?!
A PE teacher... I never wanted to do anything else and never thought I would do anything else.  Now loving my new challenge.

4// Describe yourself in 3 words!
Reliable, Easygoing... I asked my husband for the third... he said 'nerd'! I think he means efficient!

5// What do you on your days off?
Rest, eat, sleep, drive, meander, shop, play - all with my hubby and our little chap.

6// 2 truths and 1 lie about yourself
One peanut could kill me.
I am an exercise fanatic and run at least 4 times a week.
I don't like animals very much, especially those who live inside.

7// I never leave home without…
A handbag full of diggers, trucks, juice and little boy pants.

8// What’s your....
Top Song – Mr Jones - Counting Crows
Top Food - Pizza
Top beverage – Traditional, old fashioned style lemonade
Top Place – Mid Devon, England
Top movie – Slumdog Millionaire

9// Imagine you are heading out for dinner with a bunch of famous bods - who would be sitting around the table with you?
Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Aniston, James Corden, Miranda Hart, Sarah Millican - American superstars meet British comedy Genius'!

If you'd like to read more about Hannah's South African journey click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...